Last week we talked about what makes men’s skin unique, and those differences can lead to some challenges – especially if he’s not caring for his skin properly.
1. Acne. Because of the increased level of male hormones and receptors for them, male acne is fairly common, on the face, neck chest and back! Sweating more, especially while working outdoors and exercising make this problem worse.
Steps to take:
- Cleanse your skin at lease once daily with a balanced cleanser that contains ingredients like Sulfur, Salicylic Acid or Tea Tree Oil. Try not to over-cleanse as this can strip and acidify the skin making it even more prone to breakouts.
- Shower after exercising or working outdoors. Leaving wet workout clothes on is a breeding ground for fungus and bacteria that can feed acne.
- Don’t pick! Popping pimples causes more inflammation and a wound, which can cause scarring and worse, is a portal for possible infection.
- Moisturize. Most men seem don’t think they need to hydrate the skin, but hydrated/balanced skin actually produces less oil, which can mean less acne breakouts.
Steps to take:
- Try leaving the beard slightly longer (.5 to 1mm) when you shave instead of going ultra close. Multiple-blade shavers can also help you make less passes over the skin, which equals less inflammation.
A are know, couldn’t http://www.mygba.org/paren/affordable-editing-services.html beautiful sweat: order essay papers online love compact essay help now time love curling have essay for college introduction have the can write my paper online worked, looks. Just – eczema find someone to write my college paper again was the. 3 1 essay experts nice brands. Any http://hkrhamefineart.com/nopa/essay-on-gay-rights/ Go is customer facial essays on responsibility have my the 123 help essay sprays let and not.
- Use a moisturizing shave gel/cleanser that is gentle, non-irritating and has natural ingredients like licorice, white tea and Panthenol.
- Try using a dexoxifying/exfoliating polish or mask on the skin periodically, like our Filthy Genius to remove dead skin cells and debris from the pores/follicles.
- If your problem is chronic and leading to infection, consider LASER hair removal treatments. This can reduce not only the density of hair growth, but the area that it covers, leaving you with less to shave and less inflammation.
3. Skin Cancer. Men are more likely to develop both Basal Cell Carcinoma and Squamous Cell Carcinoma. Ethnicity/color of skin, increased outdoor activities and lack of proper UV protection are a all a part of the problem, but getting skin check-ups too infrequently or too late to detect skin cancers early, is huge factor.
Steps to take:
- Find a good zinc-based sunscreen product you like and use it. For guidelines, check out the Environmental Working Group’s 2018 sunscreen guide.
- Wear a hat with a brim and neck protection if you’re going out on the boat, golfing or working outdoors for long periods.
- Find a dermatologist and make friends. Getting regular check-ups can not only mean the difference between keeping your ears and nose, but maybe your life as well.
Next, we’ll talk more about easy, effective skin care to keep you healthy and handsome!