If you have sensitive, stressed-out skin or have been diagnosed with Rosacea, you already know that you have to be careful about what you put on your skin. Obviously, avoid any product/ingredient that is harsh or irritating to you (synthetic fragrances, colors, preservatives or even high levels of active ingredients can be at fault here) and when you purchase skin care, ask if trial-sizes are available so you can test them out before investing in full-sizes. Because prescription and OTC preparations with hydrocortisone are only used for short periods to control acute inflammation and cannot be used long-term, here are five natural ingredients to look for in your skin care that are very effective in reducing redness, irritation, inflammation and sensitivity:
- Aloe Vera. This well-known plant has many benefits, but the key actions here for you sensitive types are anti-inflammatory, antipruritic (decreases itching), antipyretic (lowers temperature), and acts as a local anesthetic to reduce irritation.
- Bisabolol (Alpha-bisabolol). As with Aloe Vera, this extract from the chamomile plant also has anti-inflammatory and antipyretic actions. It also boasts antispasmodic and analgesic benefits for relief of irritation and sensitivity.
- Glycyrrhiza Extract. Extracted from licorice Root, this herbal ingredient is also anti-inflammatory and anti-spasmodic.
- Sea Whip. This unique marine extract is a potent calming ingredient and quiets visible redness instantly.
- Willow Herb. There are well over 200 plants in this family! You might see this ingredient listed as “white willow herb” or “willow bark” or by each variety’s proper name such as “Epilobium Angustifolium”. All varieties have anti-inflammatory and astringent action.
Osmosis Calm is a wonderful serum for those with sensitive skin and/or rosacea, but also works very effectively as an anti-aging product as well. This multitasking workhorse calms redness and irritation, restores
the protective barrier, reduces capillaries and rebuilds the dermis. Calm accomplishes 2 or 3 steps in a skincare regimen giving you maximum efficacy for your investment of both time and money!