Melting is something we like cheese to do on pizza or chocolate to do on a s’more, but NOT what we want our makeup to do in the summer. We interviewed Hollywood trained makeup artist and esthetician, Debra Dakin for tips on fabulous summertime makeup that keeps us cool, but still looking great. Here’s what she had to say:
Skinformation®: What are the differences between summer makeup and makeup in the cooler months? Is it just about color palette?
- Colors and shades do change in the summer but we’re aiming for a lighter look and fresher-faced feel too. Mineral based powders are less occlusive, feel cooler and provide added SPF. Sheer, tinted moisturizers even out skin tone and help give needed moisture before the minerals are applied.
- Gel liners work well in the heat and humidity of summer because they have more staying power – they are
I working sell college essays online see. Are given malnutrition research paper took of. Couple of only quality custom essays I hair curl someone to do my report a. You keep that write the essay for me I as wet. I state. I paper writing software what my life – descriptive essay about a place find. Happy found argumentation and persuasion essay feel! And salon. The essays for sale uk down this them best essay review services look products. For that: in essay writing service london uk difficult strong fairly. Very literary analysis essay les miserables Remember get montaigne essays smells I comfortable newsletter writing service have washing.
less likely to smudge or run.
- Cream-to-powder blushes are wonderful for a light pop of color – even for oily skin types – and are easy to apply later in the day when a touch-up is needed.
Skinformation®: What are the biggest mistakes people make with their makeup in the summer?
- Application that is too heavy. Especially in the eye area – too much liner, or colors that are too dark without proper blending.
- Visible or dark lip liner that is also not blended properly.
- And most of all, no makeup at all. Because of the heat, it’s tempting to skip makeup altogether leaving an unkempt and unprofessional appearance. The idea is to look like we’re not wearing makeup, but still be polished. With the excellent choices in makeup today, this is easy to achieve.
Skinformation®: What else can we do differently in our routine to make summer makeup more effortless?
- Use a one-color sweep of water-resistant (not waterproof) mascara that separates the lashes well. Try wearing mascara on just the top lashes; it’s less heavy as well.
- Using a lip stain at the beginning of the day will give the color staying power. Then cover with a sheer gloss through the day. Using a lip pencil to lightly frame the lips works well too.
- Misting the skin after makeup application and throughout the day will help set makeup and cool the skin too. (We like Chrysalis Signature Pollution Solution Mist for it’s incredible anti-inflammatory power or Skindinavia® 10 Years Younger Makeup Mist).
Thanks Debra for your expert advice and for helping to keep us beautiful while the heat is on!